What is FISMApedia
FISMApedia is a collection of documents and discussions focused on Federal IT security. This site is a database of current guidance, laws and directives on how the Federal government secures its IT assets. We focus on civilian sector security, including:
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC)
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12)
- Federal Identity Credentialing Committee (FICC)
For further information on FISMApedia please see our about page.
- NIST SP 800-39 Managing Information Security Risk: Organization, Mission, and Information System View
- OMB Memorandum M-08-22, M-10-10, M-10-23, M-10-28, M-11-01, M-11-02, M-11-03, M-11-04, M-11-05 and M-11-06
- Enhanced NIST SP 800-53Ar1 Assessment Procedures combined with associated NIST SP 800-53r3 Security Controls and Enhancements
- NIST Frequently Asked Questions - Continuous Monitoring (Response to NASA Reinterpretation of Guidance)
- Updated NIST SP 800-53 Revision 3 to reflect Errata 05-01-2010.
- M-10-15 FY 2010 Reporting Instructions for the Federal Information Security Management Act and Agency Privacy Management
- NIST SP 800-37r1 Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: A Security Life Cycle Approach
- Guidelines for Secure Use of Social Media by Federal Departments and Agencies 1.0
- 2,863 acronyms and abbreviations added with 7,271 definitions from 97 documents published by NIST, DoD, CNSS, GAO and other Federal agencies
- 4,235 term definitions added using 7,997 definitions from 142 documents published by NIST, DoD, CNSS, GAO and other Federal agencies
- Granular Comparison of NIST SP 800-53r2 and NIST SP 800-53r3 Control and Enhancements Changes
FISMApedia is proud to host the FISMA Arts project (also know as FISMArts). FISMArts is a project to provide educational material to those seeking to learn about the Federal IT security. It's initial focus is on the production of Mnemosyne Project media from NIST SP-800 series documents.