FISMA Arts is a project meant to create educational materials for FISMA and IT security.
FISMA Arts is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
This means that you are free to use it in whatever way you wish so long as attribution is provided and a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License compatible license is used. You do not need to contact me for permission prior to use, but I wouldn't mind hearing about it eventually. Wherever this description of the license and the full and formal license are in disagreement the full and formal license supersedes this description.
To use the flash cards first install the Mnemosyne software. Once that is done unzip the data and double click on the "NIST SP 800-37 Questions.mem" file to launch the software and FISMA flash cards.
Once the software is launched the procedure is to read the question, answer it as best you can in your head then hit the space bar to display the answer. At this point you rate the quality of your answer on a scale of 0 through 5. 0 indicates you had no memory of the answer. 5 indicates you knew it word for word and had no difficulty recalling it. The important thing is to be as honest as possible as the memorization algorithm uses this response to determine when it should next display that question. 0 means you will see it again within the next 5 questions. 5 means it will never be asked again. If you have any doubt of your ability to recall the answer you should not go above 3. Over a period of days questions you answered with a 2 or 3 will reappear until you are rating your recall at 4 or 5.
- 0 - First time you have seen the question and answer or you can't recall the answer.
- 1 - Question is familiar and you can recall gist of the answer.
- 2 - Question is familiar and you can recall some of the answer but answer isn't entirely fixed in memory.
- 3 - Question is known, you can recall the answer accurately but recall isn't natural.
- 4 - Question is known and answer is easily recalled, but a repetition in future might be useful.
- 5 - Don't bother me with this flash card again. (Be very judicious in using this.)
You will need to download and install the executable for the Mnemosyne Project to use this material.