Doc:NIST SP 800-53r3 Appendix F/PL-2
PL-2 SYSTEM SECURITY PLAN
- Control: The organization:
- a. Develops a security plan for the information system that:
- - Is consistent with the organization's enterprise architecture;
- - Explicitly defines the authorization boundary for the system;
- - Describes the operational context of the information system in terms of missions and business processes;
- - Provides the security categorization of the information system including supporting rationale;
- - Describes the operational environment for the information system;
- - Describes relationships with or connections to other information systems;
- - Provides an overview of the security requirements for the system;
- - Is reviewed and approved by the authorizing official or designated representative prior to plan implementation;
- b. Reviews the security plan for the information system [Assignment: organization-defined frequency]; and
- c. Updates the plan to address changes to the information system/environment of operation or problems identified during plan implementation or security control assessments.
- Supplemental Guidance: The security plan contains sufficient information (including specification of parameters for assignment and selection statements in security controls either explicitly or by reference) to enable an implementation that is unambiguously compliant with the intent of the plan and a subsequent determination of risk to organizational operations and assets, individuals, other organizations, and the Nation if the plan is implemented as intended. Related controls: PM-1, PM-7, PM-8, PM-9, PM-11.
- Control Enhancements: