Doc:NIST SP 800-53r3 Appendix F/IR-1
IR-1 INCIDENT RESPONSE POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- Control: The organization develops, disseminates, and reviews/updates [Assignment: organization-defined frequency]:
- a. A formal, documented incident response policy that addresses purpose, scope, roles, responsibilities, management commitment, coordination among organizational entities, and compliance; and
- b. Formal, documented procedures to facilitate the implementation of the incident response policy and associated incident response controls.
- Supplemental Guidance: This control is intended to produce the policy and procedures that are required for the effective implementation of selected security controls and control enhancements in the incident response family. The policy and procedures are consistent with applicable federal laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, regulations, standards, and guidance. Existing organizational policies and procedures may make the need for additional specific policies and procedures unnecessary. The incident response policy can be included as part of the general information security policy for the organization. Incident response procedures can be developed for the security program in general and for a particular information system, when required. The organizational risk management strategy is a key factor in the development of the incident response policy. Related control: PM-9.
- Control Enhancements: None.