Doc:NIST SP 800-53r3 Appendix F/AT-5
AT-5 CONTACTS WITH SECURITY GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Control: The organization establishes and institutionalizes contact with selected groups and associations within the security community:
- - To facilitate ongoing security education and training for organizational personnel;
- - To stay up to date with the latest recommended security practices, techniques, and technologies; and
- - To share current security-related information including threats, vulnerabilities, and incidents.
- Supplemental Guidance: Ongoing contact with security groups and associations is of paramount importance in an environment of rapid technology changes and dynamic threats. Security groups and associations can include, for example, special interest groups, specialized forums, professional associations, news groups, and/or peer groups of security professionals in similar organizations. The groups and associations selected are consistent with the organization's mission/business requirements. Information-sharing activities regarding threats, vulnerabilities, and incidents related to information systems are consistent with applicable federal laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Control Enhancements: None.