Doc:NIST SP 800-53r3 Appendix F/AC-18
AC-18 WIRELESS ACCESS
- Control: The organization:
- a. Establishes usage restrictions and implementation guidance for wireless access;
- b. Monitors for unauthorized wireless access to the information system;
- c. Authorizes wireless access to the information system prior to connection; and
- d. Enforces requirements for wireless connections to the information system.
- Supplemental Guidance: Wireless technologies include, but are not limited to, microwave, satellite, packet radio (UHF/VHF), 802.11x, and Bluetooth. Wireless networks use authentication protocols (e.g., EAP/TLS, PEAP), which provide credential protection and mutual authentication. In certain situations, wireless signals may radiate beyond the confines and control of organization-controlled facilities. Related controls: AC-3, IA-2, IA-3, IA-8.
- Control Enhancements: