Trusted Internet Connections
Federal program to consolidate internet connections to reduce Federal attack surfaces. A secondary aspect of the program is the use of Einstein to monitor network activity of the consolidated internet connections for improved security.
OMB mandated the creation of the Trusted Internet Connections initiative with memorandum M-08-05 Implementation of Trusted Internet Connections (TIC). A complete list of OMB guidance for TIC includes:
- M-08-05 Implementation of Trusted Internet Connections (TIC)
- M-08-16 Guidance for Trusted Internet Connection Statement of Capability Form (SOC)
- M-08-26 Transition from FTS2001 to Networx
- M-08-27 Guidance for Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Compliance
- M-09-32 Update on the Trusted Internet Connections Initiative