10 U.S.C., Sec. 2315
10 U.S.C. Sec. 2315.
Law inapplicable to the procurement of automatic data processing equipment and services for certain defense purposes
- (a) For the purposes of subtitle III of title 40, the term "national security systems" means those telecommunications and information systems operated by the Department of Defense, the functions, operation or use of which-
- (1) involves intelligence activities;
- (2) involves cryptologic activities related to national security;
- (3) involves the command and control of military forces;
- (4) involves equipment that is an integral part of a weapon or weapons system; or
- (5) subject to subsection (b), is critical to the direct fulfillment of military or intelligence missions.
- (b) Subsection (a)(5) does not include procurement of automatic data processing equipment or services to be used for routine administrative and business applications (including payroll, finance, logistics, and personnel management applications).